Artwork Guidelines for Business Cards and Stationery
File Specifications for Thermography, Flat, Foil, Embossing, Full Color, and Stationery:
Accepted file types: PDF or EPS from Adobe® InDesign®, Illustrator®, Photoshop®; CorelDRAW®; or QuarkXPress®.
How to prepare your file:
- Size your layout to your product’s required document/page size.
- For thermography or flat printing, use the color palette for Adobe or a PANTONE® color palette to assign spot colors. For foil or embossing, use the color palette. For full color printing, use CMYK color space.
- Use high-resolution graphics at a minimum of 300 dpi. For best printing quality, we recommend 600 dpi.
- Embed or convert all your fonts to outlines, curves, or paths.
- Remove any crop marks or bounding boxes.
- Export, save, publish or print to a PDF file.
Second side (back) printing: Create a 2-page PDF, making the first page the FRONT and the second page the BACK.
Multiple units: For multiple units with single-side printing, create a multiple-page PDF with one name on each page. For multiple units with printing on both sides, create a 2-page PDF for each name.
Multiple files: Compress the files into one zip file.
Adding foil to full color: To prepare your full color with foil file, you’ll need a program that will create a PDF that supports layers. Prepare your artwork file with a separate layer for the foil area. Then use the foil color swatch in the Wes-Tex color palette for Adobe products. Indicate the piece to foil stamp in the additional instructions of the upload process.
Embossing special instructions: To prepare your embossing file, you’ll need a program that will create a PDF that supports layers. Prepare your artwork file with a separate layer for the embossed area. Then use the emboss swatch in the Wes-Tex color palette for Adobe products. Indicate the piece to emboss in the additional instructions of the upload process.
Checklist for sending orders:
- Convert fonts to outlines.
- Check color palette.
- Verify color separations.
- If your artwork bleeds off the edge, allow for trimming of the card.
- Export as a PDF with bleeds.